Saturday 27 May 2023

First Entry

Hi. My name is Bradley Anahua and I wrote Galileo 2: Judgement Day, soon to be published by Lamentations of the Flame Princess

This means everything to me. As ridiculous as it sounds, this is a dream come true, it’s just how it came true which is the part I’m gagging on.


I’ve been hoping and plotting for years, overthinking my first published piece as a writer and what it’d say about me. I’ve been writing for over 20 years, short stories, articles, screenplays, rough drafts of novels, and they’re never going to see the light of day because as of now Galileo 2: Judgement Day is the cream of the crop. I might need to see someone about that.


It’s great, I’m elated, I’ve been dreaming of being a published writer since I was a kid. James Edward Raggi IV gave me that. He shouldn’t have. He didn’t even read the thing, he just liked the title.


After 15 years as an entry-level goblin in the film and TV industry, meeting somebody who accepts work from a creditless person and backs it with investments of time and money, I didn’t think that happened. It’s incredible and I’m speechless to be a part of it.


I just watched that movie Pearl. It had heavy Hitchcock influences with the minimal editing and long-held shots that built up this weirdly funny tension. For at least two murders they’d cut away to the wall, another nod to Hitchcock I guess, and the lack of violence kept the focus on the character development.


Mia Goth looked like she’d studied toddlers for the role of Pearl. She reminded me of my kid with these angry outbursts and the way she’d commit these little acts of evil with this deranged casual impishness. Honestly, parenting a toddler, sometimes you wonder. Goth would swing between vulnerable and sympathetic to berserk, and with those long-held shots and minimal cut aways, she’d carry the scene on her performance alone.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Playing Black Chamber by Becami Cusak

Spoilers ahead. And this isn't an objective review, just a hyped play through. Black Chamber by Becami Cusak, published by Lamentatio...